Starting Fall 2017, students can sign up via our online portal to register as a notetaker.
Step 1: Register online
The first step to becoming a notetaker is to register online through the DRC Online Notetaker Portal . Select “Sign Up as a Notetaker.” You will be prompted to enter in your UGA MyID and password (the same that you use for your UGA email and Athena).
Step 2: Enter schedule
You will need to have your complete schedule printed or open in another window with course information and the course CRNs.
Step 3: Review Notetaker Contract
Please read your notetaker contract carefully, as it outlines important information and your payment information.
Step 4: Submit registration and wait for matching confirmation email
If you are identified as a “match” for a class, you will receive an email from the DRC to confirm the assignment.
Step 5: Upload notes to online portal
Once you have received assignments, you may then upload your notes into the DRC Online Portal. Please see Load Notes into Aim tab above for instructions on uploading notes to the DRC AIM portal.
Step 6: Fill out Payment Sign Up Sheet and Supplier Registration
Once you have received assignments, please complete the Payment Sign Up Sheet and Supplier Registration. Instructions can be found in the Notetaker Payment Sign Up tab above.
File Upload Instructions
File formats can be in either a PDF format file or a word document file. Handwritten notes (must be clearly legible) can be scanned and saved as a PDF file. Please note you should upload one file per lecture; so if you have multiple scanned pages for a lecture, combine them into a single file.
The format for the name of the file should be the course name (e.g. ANTH 1102) and Date (e.g. Sept 1).
If there are no notes for a class meeting, please load a file stating the reason “no notes for today” and the reason why (e.g. test day, field trip, professor canceled class).
Loading Notes into AIM
Login to your Notetaker AIM Account
- Go to: https://teton.accessiblelearning.com/UGA/
- Select the Notetaker Portal Icon
- Use your UGA MyID credentials to login.
- Select the Notetaker Tab on the top left
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page to view the details of the classes that you are assigned as the notetaker.
- Under file information select the class you want to upload notes for, select the week and the day the notes are for and click on “Choose File” to select the file to upload, then click upload notes.
Scanner Locations on Campus
The DRC Front Office staff can Scan notes for notetakers
Zell Miller Learning Center: (small portable ones next to the computers)
- Third floor, in the 3 East wing
- Third floor, in the 3 West wing
- Third floor, in 3 Central
- Fourth floor, in the 4 East wing
- Fourth floor, in the 4 West wing
- There are also Scanners in the WEPA Center
- 2 networked print stations and 1 WEPA, 2 ScannX scanners, 2 flatbed scanners in computer area, front right of first floor
- 1 networked print station and 1 WEPA in collaborative study room, back of first floor
- 1 WEPA, fourth floor collaborative study space
- 1 photocopier on right of front floor, where the old and new buildings meet
- Photocopiers on most other floors, opposite elevators
- Main (2nd) Floor: 3 networked print stations and 1 WEPA, 2 ScannX scanners, 2 flatbed scanners
Curriculum Materials Library:
- located in Aderhold Hall offers a photocopier/scanner
- located in the School of Music has a photocopier that can also scan.
Vet Med Meeting Room:
- one WEPA kiosk and one ScannX scanner
- at the UGA Health Sciences Campus has one WEPA kiosk and one ScannX scanner
There are a variety of free apps that can use the camera on your phone to create pdf files. Please note notes must be in one PDF file for the day. Please be considerate of the quality of the scanned document and remember that you should upload one file per lecture; so if you have multiple scanned pages for a lecture, combine them into a single file.
- iFiles Converter Lite
- PDF Converter
- DocAs Lite
- Image to PDF converter
- iPhone Scanner App
- Genius Scan
Notetaker Payment Overview
To receive payment as a notetaker, you must receive notetaking assignments and upload notes in AIM. To register for notetaking assignments, please see Become a Notetaker tab above. If you have questions, please contact the Disability Resource Center via email at email@example.com.
After receiving notetaking assignments, the payment process includes the following steps:
- Notetaker completes the Payment Sign Up Sheet. This must be done every semester you are a notetaker. See below for instructions and the link to this form.
- Notetaker completes the Supplier Registration if needed. This only has to be done once, the first time you are a notetaker. See below for instructions and the link to this form.
- The DRC reviews notes and determines payment eligibility. The maximum payment per class each semester is $100. If notes are only uploaded for a portion of the semester, this amount will be prorated based on the notes uploaded.
- The DRC processes payments for eligible notetakers. Payments should be received by notetakers within a month after the end of the semester.
Notetaker Payment Forms and Instructions
Notetaker Payment Sign Up Sheet
This form is designed to be filled out, signed using a digital signature, and emailed to our office.
- Open the Notetaker Payment Sign-up Sheet.
- Click the button “Enable All Features” in the upper right corner of the form. If this button does not appear, continue to the next step.
- Fill in all fields on the form.
- Add digital signature.
- Click in the signature field, which opens the “Sign with a Digital ID” box.
- Click “Configure New Digital ID”
- Select “Create a New Digital ID” and click “Continue”.
- Select “Save to File” and click “Continue”.
- Enter your name and email address. Leave the values in the remaining fields as they appear. Click “Continue”.
- Enter a password for your digital signature. Click “Continue”.
- Make sure your digital signature is selected and click “Continue”.
- Enter your password and click “Sign”.
- When prompted, save the form to your device.
- Email the saved form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are unable to complete the form and sign it digitally:
- Print the form.
- Fill it out and sign the form by hand.
- Scan the form.
- Email the scanned form to email@example.com.
The first time you are a notetaker, you must also complete the Supplier Registration. If you have completed this step in a previous semester, it does not have to be done again.
- Open the Supplier Registration Form
- For “Business Type” choose “Individual”.
- For “Do you accept purchase orders?” choose “No.”
- Provide your name, address, and other information as requested.
- Your name on the Supplier Registration must be your complete, legal name as it appears on your Social Security card.