PROCEDURE FOR OBTAINING CAPTIONED MEDIA ACCOMMODATIONS
- Register with the Disability Resource Center (DRC) by following appropriate intake procedures.
- Utilize priority registration when registering for classes.
- Inform your assigned disability coordinator immediately if any changes are made in your class schedule.
Note: Priority registration and early notification are imperative. Last minute changes or short notice could result in delay of service.
Disability Resource Center Responsibilities
- Contact instructor prior to the first day of class to inform instructor that a student who requires captioned media is attending.
- Offer instructor resources for finding captioned media.
- If a captioned version is not available and an equivalent alternative captioned source cannot be found obtain media (DVD, VHS, digital file, and/or online streaming media URL) to be captioned and begin the process of adding captions.
- Provide captioning services based on the following:
- Order in which requests are received
- Date that video is to be shown
- Make arrangements for captioned media to be delivered to instructor upon completion (as well as the master copy if DVD or VHS).