PROCEDURE FOR RECEIVING PRIORITY REGISTRATION
- Register with the Disability Resource Center (DRC) by following appropriate DRC procedures.
- Meet with your academic advisor for academic advisement prior to the priority registration date released by the DRC.
- The accommodation of priority registration is provided to students registered with the DRC to assist students in obtaining optimal, not ideal, class scheduling. Examples of correct uses of priority registration are:
- Route planning for students with mobility impairments
- Class scheduling around required medical treatments
- Class scheduling for students who receive testing accommodations
- Early identification of classes for students who utilize Alternative Text
- It should be noted that the accommodation of priority registration does not override any institutional or departmental policy such as, but not limited to, the need for academic advisement, the removal of flagged records, or receiving permission of department (PODS).
- Retrieve date of priority registration from the Registrar’s office.
- Inform students of priority registration date one week prior to the actual date.
- Assist student in registering for classes if they need assistance due to their disability.
Revised February 2009