FACULTY GUIDELINES FOR SCRIBE ACCOMMODATIONS
If a scribe for test and exams has been approved accommodation for your student, please meet with the student to discuss whether this accommodation will be needed for test and exams in this course. This accommodation cannot be used if it compromises an essential course objective. If a scribe is necessary, the instructor should attempt to arrange for the student to test within the department with the appropriate accommodations.
Guidelines for the scribe:
- Write or type verbally presented material.
- Rewrite information in a legible manner.
- Read aloud the written work to the student.
- Scribe cannot discuss the course or test content.
- Scribe cannot provide assistance with ideas, organization or proofread.
If the instructor cannot provide accommodations within the department, the instructor can fill out a Testing Contract by following the link included in the Notification of Accommodation email. The DRC Test Accommodations Office does not have a specialized scribe on staff; therefore if specific knowledge is needed we ask the faculty to identifying a suitable candidate. Please contact the DRC Test Accommodations Office (706-542-7721) to make arrangements.