Faculty Guidelines for Reader Accommodations
If a reader for tests and exams has been approved as a test accommodation for your student, please communicate with the student to discuss whether this accommodation will be needed for this course. This accommodation cannot be used if it compromises an essential course objective. If a reader is necessary, the instructor is encouraged to arrange for the student to test within the department with appropriate accommodations.
Guidelines for the reader:
- Read aloud test information, questions, or passages exactly as written.
- Read aloud written responses exactly as written.
- Reader cannot change any content of the test.
- Reader cannot discuss the course or test content.
- Reader cannot provide assistance with ideas, organization or editing.
If the instructor cannot provide accommodations within the department, the instructor can fill out a Testing Contract by following the link included in the Notification of Accommodation email. The DRC Test Accommodations Office does not have a specialized reader on staff; therefore, if specific knowledge is needed we ask the faculty to identifying a suitable candidate and assist in making the accommodation for the tests and exams. Please contact the DRC Test Accommodations Office (706-542-7721) to make arrangements.