CLASSROOM RELOCATION PROCEDURE
- Register with the Disability Resource Center by following appropriate intake procedures.
- Schedule an appointment to be advised by your academic advisor at the beginning of each semester.
- Utilize priority registration when registering for classes.
- Meet with assigned disability coordinator to review class schedule at least four weeks prior to each semester in order to determine what classes need to be relocated.
- Inform your assigned disability coordinator immediately if any changes in your class schedule or problems with classroom accessibility arise.
Disability Resource Center Responsibilities
- Determine if the student’s request is an appropriate accommodation under the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) during the interdisciplinary team meeting.
- Submit relocation request to respective department. If the department cannot relocate the classroom the DRC will contact Campus Reservations to locate an accessible location.
- Work with department heads to explore alternative solutions if relocation cannot be achieved due to size of class or other extraneous factors.
- Notify student of classroom relocation.
Note: Students with mobility impairments are encouraged to utilize priority registration so every effort can be made to ensure the appropriate accommodations are provided. Students who do not take advantage of priority registration cannot be guaranteed accessible classrooms.
Revised November 2008