SUBMIT YOUR ALTERNATIVE TEXT REQUEST
The Alternative Text Office will begin accepting Alternative Text Requests each upcoming semester with the opening of priority registration. Remember, requests can take two weeks or more to complete, so the earlier we get to work, the better.
The following instructions detail how to submit an Alternative Text request in AIM.
TO SUBMIT YOUR REQUEST IN AIM
- Log into AIM using your UGA MyID and password
- Select “Alternative Formats”
- You will have to be approved for the Alternative Text accommodation – if you do not see Alternative Formats, contact your DRC coordinator
- Fill out book information
- Include Class, Title, ISBN, Author, and Edition (can also include notes if needed)
- Select SUBMIT REQUEST
- Like Testing Accommodations, you must fill out a request for every book in each class
- *For bundles, please include each book in the bundle separately
- After submitting request on AIM, submit Proof of Purchase
Can submit the Proof of Purchase in one of the following ways:
- EMAIL the Alternative Text office at email@example.com
- FAX to the DRC: 706-542-7719 (ATTN: Alternative Text)
- DELIVER to the Alternative Text office in Clark Howell Hall (room 127) at the DRC
If you require a paper form, please email the Alternative Text office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Alternative Text Office will send you a confirmation email within 1-3 business days after receiving your completed Alternative Text Request and accompanying proof of ownership. If we have any questions or there are any issues with your request, we will contact you as soon as possible.
Production time can take two weeks or more to complete. Should we encounter any unexpected delays, we will notify you via email.
Completed requests for the upcoming semester will be available approximately one week before the start of classes. From that point on, files will be released as they are completed.
You will be notified via email when your request is available for download or pickup. Please retrieve alternative text materials in a timely fashion.
Assistive technology including the ClaroRead and Read&Write GOLD screen-reader software is available as soon as you submit your request. Contact the Alternative Text Office for more information.