ALTERNATIVE TESTING POLICIES
- Utilize priority registration to avoid time conflicts if you receive extended time as an accommodation. The DRC Testing Accommodations Office is not responsible if you are late or miss a class due to your testing accommodations
- Meet with your instructors to discuss testing accommodations. Students and instructors are encouraged to arrange testing accommodations within the department to insure better student access to instructors. If accommodations cannot be made within the department, students need to complete a Test Accommodations Request for each class.
- Students testing within the department do not need to complete and submit a Test Accommodations Request.
- Contact your disability coordinator immediately if a difficulty arises when discussing testing accommodations with your instructor.
- Tests must be scheduled with the Disability Resource Center Testing Office one week before the first scheduled test, and two weeks before the first day of final exams.
- LATE EXAM REQUESTS: Please note that all late exam requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis by the Testing Accommodations Office staff. If you are requesting an exam with less than one business day of notice, please contact your coordinator.
- Exams are administered based solely on the information provided on the Test Accommodations Agreement completed by the instructor. Students will be allowed to use only the materials indicated. If you need to make arrangements to start a test at a different time than the rest of the class, the instructor must approve the adjusted start time in writing via email to the Testing Office (email@example.com).
- Exams must be scheduled within the hours of 8:00AM-8:00 PM Monday-Thursday and 8:00AM-5:00PM Friday. Final exams can be scheduled from 8:00AM-10:00PM.
- Arrange for reader services for specialized test materials such as foreign languages, charts, or illustrations in advance with the instructor and your disability coordinator.
NOTE: The DRC is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations in a timely manner. Failure to adhere to the above guidelines may impact the DRC’s ability to provide testing accommodations.
Any questions related to this accommodation should be directed to your DRC coordinator.