To foster independence in the students it serves, the Disability Resource Center (DRC) seeks to:
1. Provide individual services to students with disabilities after students identify and register with the DRC.
2. Publicize DRC services and availability.
3. Empower students with information about their rights and responsibilities.
4. Teach students how to advocate appropriately for their rights within the University system. Facilitate discussions to determine any reasonable accommodations with University units outside the classroom, including housing, campus transit, and parking services.
5. Provide students with letters for their professors outlining approved academic accommodations and encourage students to discuss these accommodations with faculty.
6. Encourage faculty and staff to interact directly with students regarding accommodations approved by the DRC.
7. Educate the University community to help create an attitudinal milieu that is more conducive to student inclusion.
8. Gather student input regarding improved access on campus.
9. Involve students and relevant health care providers in a collaborative, cooperative process to assist in the DRC's determination of reasonable accommodations in the campus environment.
Revised September 10, 2010
Clark Howell Hall
825 South Lumpkin Street
VOICE: (706) 542-8719
FAX: (706) 542-7719
TTY: (706) 542-8778
MAIN OFFICE HOURS:
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm