Procedure for Obtaining Accessible Desks, Stools, Chairs, or Other Furniture-related Accommodations
- Register with the Disability Resource Center by following appropriate DRC procedures.
- Utilize priority registration when registering for classes.
- Meet with assigned disability coordinator to review class schedule and discuss furniture needs at least four weeks prior to each semester.
- Notify your assigned disability coordinator if the requested furniture is not available or if it has been moved or broken. Please allow two to three days for placement of furniture.
Disability Resource Center Responsibilities:
- Determine if the student's request is an appropriate accommodation under the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) during the interdisciplinary team meeting.
- Coordinate furniture-related accommodations for students through the DRC Room Accommodations Coordinator.
Note: Students who do not take advantage of priority registration cannot be guaranteed immediate access to accessible furniture. In some cases it may take up to three months to order and secure the necessary furniture. Pre-planning is imperative.
Revised November 2008