Notetaker Payment Overview
To receive payment as a notetaker, you must receive notetaking assignments and upload notes in AIM. To register for notetaking assignments, please visit our page on How to Become a Notetaker. If you have questions, please contact the Disability Resource Center via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After receiving notetaking assignments, the payment process includes the following steps:
- Notetaker completes the Payment Sign Up Sheet. This must be done every semester you are a notetaker. See below for instructions and the link to this form.
- Notetaker completes the Supplier Registration if needed. This only has to be done once, the first time you are a notetaker. See below for instructions and the link to this form.
- The DRC reviews notes and determines payment eligibility. The maximum payment per class each semester is $100. If notes are only uploaded for a portion of the semester, this amount will be prorated based on the notes uploaded.
- The DRC processes payments for eligible notetakers. Payments should be received by notetakers within a month after the end of the semester.
Notetaker Payment Forms and Instructions
Notetaker Payment Sign Up Sheet
This form is designed to be filled out, signed using a digital signature, and emailed to our office.
- Open the Notetaker Payment Sign-up Sheet.
- Click the button “Enable All Features” in the upper right corner of the form. If this button does not appear, continue to the next step.
- Fill in all fields on the form.
- Add digital signature.
- Click in the signature field, which opens the “Sign with a Digital ID” box.
- Click “Configure New Digital ID”
- Select “Create a New Digital ID” and click “Continue”.
- Select “Save to File” and click “Continue”.
- Enter your name and email address. Leave the values in the remaining fields as they appear. Click “Continue”.
- Enter a password for your digital signature. Click “Continue”.
- Make sure your digital signature is selected and click “Continue”.
- Enter your password and click “Sign”.
- When prompted, save the form to your device.
- Email the saved form to email@example.com.
If you are unable to complete the form and sign it digitally:
- Print the form.
- Fill it out and sign the form by hand.
- Scan the form.
- Email the scanned form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The first time you are a notetaker, you must also complete the Supplier Registration. If you have completed this step in a previous semester, it does not have to be done again.
- Open the Supplier Registration Form
- For "Business Type" choose "Individual".
- For "Do you accept purchase orders?" choose "No."
- Provide your name, address, and other information as requested.
- Your name on the Supplier Registration must be your complete, legal name as it appears on your Social Security card.