Services for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Students
The Disability Resource Center at the University of Georgia is dedicated to enriching the lives of Deaf and Hard of Hearing students who seek the goal of higher education. An individual approach is adopted to accommodate the needs of these students.
The services that students may be eligible for include:
- Sign Language Interpreters
- Interpreter / C-Print Request Form
- Disability Specialists fluent in American Sign Language
- TTY for use on campus and for loan to students
- Campus TTY Listing
- Assistive Listening Devices
- Auxiliary Aid Services
- Video Closed Captioning
- Realtime Captioning and Notetaking
- Residence hall accommodations
We are also pleased to offer a number of links to other useful sites for the deaf and hard of hearing, as well as interpreter orientations for instructors who have deaf or hard of hearing students in their classes, team interpreting in the classroom, and general tips for working with a sign language interpreter.